- Professionalism: We expect every athlete to behave in a manner that is respectful in the context of an elite training facility. We absolutely will not accept any comments or behavior that are sexual, racial, or discriminatory in nature. We will ask athletes to leave if their behavior is unacceptable.
- Commitment: We expect that no matter your level of athleticism, you will approach every single opportunity to train with a positive attitude and a personal desire to better yourself.
- Coach-ability: Leave your ego behind. There is no tolerance for ego in our training facility. We ask that you be receptive to our help, in both critique and correction.
- Safety of the Athlete: The primary concern of trainers is safety with the caveat of increased performance. We will ask you to stop in the middle of a workout if safety is a concern. Respect our ability to decide what is best for you given your demonstrated abilities. Understand that your growth as an athlete is as much our goal as it is yours. We expect you to truth the CrossFit Claddagh (“CFC”) coaches have unique knowledge and skills to improve you in ways that you could not otherwise do yourself. Additionally, we expect you to be willing to share with us knowledge or your body’s limitations, strengths and weaknesses – information that is critical in your individual wellness to fitness equation including any previous injuries.
- Respect: We strive to earn your respect. We are committed to operating with your and the facility’s best interest in mind. We expect that you will do the same. We expect you to follow instructions given by CFC staff. We expect you to take pride in the standard of quality in the facility. You will be briefed during On Ramp on the parameters of correctly using the equipment. We expect athletes to clean up after themselves. Please bring all questions and concerns to the attention of a coach as soon as possible.
- Facility Safety: This is our number one priority in the facility at all times. We ask that you notify a coach immediately if you have a concern that is safety related. Please do not delay. If you have a concern related to one of the coaches, please address it with that coach in private.
- CFC reserves the right to cancel a membership/membership agreement at any time for any reason. The quality of our training environment is important and will not be sacrificed. Any coach reserves the right to ask an athlete to leave the facility immediately in the event the athlete is detracting from the training environment. If you feel the program is not working, please come to us and expect us to see what we can do for you specifically.
CFC Facility Rules & Company Policies
- If an athlete signs up and has 1) never done CrossFit or 2) has been doing CrossFit for less than 1 year, the athlete is to participate in our Foundations program before participating in class. This program will consist of as many sessions as it takes until the coach believes the athlete has an in-depth knowledge of all skills needed to participate in class. Each foundations session will last one hour.
- Cancellation Policy: Any medical condition or injuries that prevent an athlete from working out or participating in the program shall be substantiated by a doctor’s note indicating your restrictions and length of absence. Memberships that are interrupted by substantiated illness/injuries will be paid on time and issued a credit until the membership obligations are fulfilled. Membership holds will be allowed once over the course of a calendar year for personal reasons with a max of 30 days. All other holds will require documentation showing the need for the hold.
- Membership/Payment Options: Payments are due on time. If payment is more than 7 days late, the membership will be inactive until the payment is made.
- CFC and/or is assigned agents reserve the right to photograph and/or publish your training sessions. If you do not grant CFC permission to print, display or upload a photo of you participating in our program, please notify us in writing.
- Privacy: CFC is committed to protecting your privacy at all times and will not share any personal information with third parties without your consent.
Waiver and Release of Liability
- Express Assumption of Risk: I, the undersigned, am aware that there are significant risks involved in all aspects of physical training/ competitive sports. These risks include, but are not limited to: falls which can result in serious injury/death, injury/death due to negligence on the part of myself, my training partner, or other people around me, injury/death due to improper use or failure of equipment. I am aware that any of these above mentioned risks may result in serious injury/death to myself and/or my partner(s).
- I willingly assume full responsibility for the risks that I am exposing myself to and accept full responsibility for any injury or death that may result from participation in any activity while at CrossFit Claddagh/CFC or CrossFit Claddagh/CFC sanctioned events. I, the undersigned, acknowledge that I have no physical impairments or illnesses that will endanger myself or others.
- Release: In consideration of the above mentioned risks and hazards and in consideration of the fact that I am willingly and voluntarily participating in the activities available at CrossFit Claddagh/CFC, I, the undersigned, hereby release CF Iron Shamrock, LLC, CrossFit Claddagh/CFC or their principals, agents, employees, and volunteers from any and all liability claims, demands, actions or right of action, which are related to, aruse out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, including those allegedly attributed to the negligent acts or omissions of the above mentioned parties.
- This agreement shall be binding upon me, my successors, representatives, heirs, executors, assigns or transferees. If any portion of this agreement is held invalid, I agree that the remainder of the agreement shall remain in full legal force and effect.
- If I am signing on behalf of a minor child, I also give full permission for any person connected with CF Iron Shamrock, LLC or CrossFit Claddagh/CFC to adminster first aid deemed necessary, and in case of serious illness or injury, I give permission to call for medical and/or surgical care for the child and to transport the child to a medical facility deemed necessary for the well being of the child.
- Indemnification: The participant recognizes that there is risk involved in the types of activities offered at CrossFit Claddagh/CFC and or/CrossFit. Therefore, the participant accepts financial responsibility for any injury that the participant may cause either to him/herself or to any other participant due to his/her negligence. Should the above mentioned parties, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to reimburse them for such fees and costs. I further agee to indemnify and hold farmless CF Iron Shamrock, LLC or CrossFit Claddagh/CFC, their principals, agents, employees and volunteers from liability for the injury or death of any person(s) and damage to property that may result from my negligent or intentional act or omission while participating in activities offered by CrossFit Claddagh/CFC.
I have read and understood the foregoing assumption of risk, and release of liability and I understand that by signing it obligates me to indemnify the parties named for any liability for injury or death of any person and damage to property cause by my negligent or intentional act or omission. I understand that by signing this form, I am waiving valuable legal rights.